Thursday, July 28, 2011

MyMoleskine and “The Glassblower’s Apprentice” (Study)

2011-07-22

This is just a study for "The Glassblower's Apprentice,” a piece I hope to be chosen for an upcoming exhibit. I’ve always been fascinated by the magical nature of glass and the craftsmen at Murano, Italy seem to conjure magic in every piece of glassware they create. I’m still trying to figure out how to properly execute the effect of glass in a painting form. The final piece may look totally different as I try to explore various styles to execute this.

I uploaded the drawing as well to Moleskine’s MyMoleskine gallery, which they describe as “the best place where you can find and share the most beautiful creations made on a Moleskine notebook.” So if you own a Moleskine, and make art in it, that place may be a nice venue to showcase your talent.

No comments: